• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

svenweq04103739

<p class=”mol-para-with-font”>PC Andrew Harper’s widow Lissie today said she was ‘immensely disappointed’ that the three teenagers who killed her husband were cleared of murder, describing the crime as ‘barbaric’, and that she now faces a ‘life sentence’ that is ‘more painful’ and ‘soul destroying’ than a ‘meagre number of years in prison.'</p><p class=”mol-para-with-font”>Henry Long, Albert Bowers and Jessie Cole, who are all travellers, hugged each other as they were cleared of murdering the police officer by dragging him to his death behind their car – but were convicted of manslaughter.</p><p class=”mol-para-with-font”>Speaking outside the Old Bailey in London this afternoon, Ms Harper said: ‘The way in which Andrew was robbed of his life we all know to be barbaric and inexplicable.

<iframe width=”640″ height=”360″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFvZHj5LSmA” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen title=”1 month ago (c) by youtube.com” style=”float:left;padding:10px 10px 10px 0px;border:0px;”></iframe>I am immensely disappointed with the verdict given today.   </p><p class=”mol-para-with-font”>’I now have my own life sentence to bear and believe me when I say it will be a lot more painful, soul destroying and painful journey than anyone facing a meagre number of years in prison will experience.’ </p><p class=”mol-para-with-font”> ‘No verdict or sentence will ever bring my incredible, selfless and heroic husband back.
      The results from this trial I had hoped would bring justice but in reality make no difference to the heart-wrenching pain I will continue to feel for the rest of my life. </p><p class=”mol-para-with-font”>’Andrew served in Thames Valley Police with honour. He went out night after night risking his life for the safety and the wellbeing of the innocent as all police officers do with passion. Ultimately he laid down his life for us all and it pains me more than I can ever explain that this has not been appreciated by the very people who should have seen his heroic and selfless duty as so many other members of the public – total strangers – clearly do. </p><p class=”mol-para-with-font”>PC Harper, 28, had tried to stop the thieves stealing a quad bike and his ankles were lassoed by the trailing loading strap as the teenagers tried to escape in Sulhamstead, Berkshire, in August last year.</p><p class=”mol-para-with-font”>For over a mile he was towed helplessly behind the Seat Toledo by his feet as the car reached speeds of up to 60mph with driver Long, 19, swerving violently to try and release the stricken officer. </p><p class=”mol-para-with-font”>Ms Harper added today: ‘Myself and Andrew’s family will never come to terms with our new lives, we will never understand how such a beautiful, loving, decent human being could be dealt this fate. </p><p class=”mol-para-with-font”>’Myself and our family will spend the rest of our days missing him, loving him and being utterly proud of the incredible man that he was.

We will never forget the kindness that we as a family have received from all who have supported us over the last year – friends, family and total strangers and the almighty unity of the thin blue line. If you have any inquiries about wherever and how to use Photo.Walgreens.com, you can contact us at the web-site. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.’ </p><p class=”mol-para-with-font”>Long and his two friends Bowers and Cole, both 18, were all accused of murder but convicted only of manslaughter and were seen joyfully embracing each other via a videolink from HMP Belmarsh in London.</p><p class=”mol-para-with-font”>Their families cheered as the verdict was announced – but PC Harper’s wife Lissie sobbed in court.

The three killers had laughed and joked with each other during the trial and when Long was charged he said he ‘didn’t give a f***.'</p><p class=”mol-para-with-font”>Meanwhile it can now be reported that the jury were given special protection by police because detectives believed associates of the defendants were planning to intimidate them.</p><div class=”mol-img-group xwArtSplitter” style=”style”> <div class=”mol-img”> <div class=”image-wrap”> PC Andrew Harper and his wife Lissie celebrating their wedding at Ardington House in Oxfordshire in summer 2019 </div> <noscript> PC Andrew Harper and his wife Lissie celebrating their wedding at Ardington House in Oxfordshire in summer 2019 </noscript> </div> <p class=”imageCaption”> PC Andrew Harper and his wife Lissie celebrating their wedding at Ardington House in Oxfordshire in summer 2019</p></div><div class=”mol-img-group xwArtSplitter” style=”style”> <div class=”mol-img”> <div class=”image-wrap”> Lissie Harper (centre, in white), the widow of PC Harper, outside the Old Bailey in London this afternoon. She said she was 'immensely disappointed' that the three teenagers were cleared of murder, describing the crime as 'barbaric' </div> <noscript> Lissie Harper (centre, in white), the widow of PC Harper, outside the Old Bailey in London this afternoon. She said she was 'immensely disappointed' that the three teenagers were cleared of murder, describing the crime as 'barbaric' </noscript> </div> <p class=”imageCaption”>Lissie Harper (centre, in white), the widow of PC Harper, outside the Old Bailey in London this afternoon. She said she was ‘immensely disappointed’ that the three teenagers were cleared of murder, describing the crime as ‘barbaric'</p></div><div class=”mol-img-group xwArtSplitter” style=”style”> <div class=”mol-img”> <div class=”image-wrap”> Albert Bowers (left) and Jessie Cole (centre) leaving Reading Magistrates' Court on September 19, 2019 </div> <noscript> Albert Bowers (left) and Jessie Cole (centre) leaving Reading Magistrates' Court on September 19, 2019 </noscript> </div> <p class=”imageCaption”>Albert Bowers (left) and Jessie Cole (centre) leaving Reading Magistrates’ Court on September 19, 2019</p></div><div class=”mol-img-group xwArtSplitter” style=”style”> <div class=”mol-img”> <div class=”image-wrap”> Albert Bowers arriving at Reading Magistrates' Court on September 19, 2019 for an appearance over PC Harper's death </div> <noscript> Albert Bowers arriving at Reading Magistrates' Court on September 19, 2019 for an appearance over PC Harper's death </noscript> </div> <p class=”imageCaption”>Albert Bowers arriving at Reading Magistrates’ Court on September 19, 2019 for an appearance over PC Harper’s death</p></div><div class=”mol-img-group xwArtSplitter” style=”style”> <div class=”mol-img”> <div class=”image-wrap”> Police mugshots of (left to right), driver Henry Long, 19, and his passengers Jessie Cole and Albert Bowers, both 18 </div> <noscript> Police mugshots of (left to right), driver Henry Long, 19, and his passengers Jessie Cole and Albert Bowers, both 18 </noscript> </div> <p class=”imageCaption”>Police mugshots of (left to right), driver Henry Long, 19, and his passengers Jessie Cole and Albert Bowers, both 18</p></div><div class=”moduleFull mol-video”><div><div itemprop=”video” itemscope=”itemscope” website content=”PC Andrew Harper trial: Defendants laugh as they leave court” itemprop=”name” /><meta content=”PT00M09S” itemprop=”duration” /><meta website itemprop=”thumbnailUrl” /><meta website itemprop=”contentURL” /><meta content=”2020-07-24T14:46:04+0100″ itemprop=”uploadDate” /><meta content=”576″ itemprop=”height” /><meta content=”1024″ itemprop=”width” /><meta content=”Shocking footage shows two teenagers who dragged a police officer to his death laughing as they leave court. PC Harper died from catastrophic injuries after his ankles got caught in a strap trailing behind a vehicle.” itemprop=”description” /><div class=”item”> <div class=”vjs-video-container vjs-fixed vjs-span-three-col news” id=”v-6320712998660716782″> <video controls=”” class=”video-js vjs-default-skin” website Andrew Harper trial: Defendants laugh as they leave website footage shows two teenagers who dragged a police officer to his death laughing as they leave court. PC Harper died from catastrophic injuries after his ankles got caught in a strap trailing behind a vehicle.website preload=”none”> <source website type=”video/mp4″></source> </video> </div> </div> </div></div></div><p class=”mol-para-with-font”>PC Harper had married just four weeks before he was flayed alive by the surface of Admoor Lane and the obstacles at the side of it.</p><div><div data-track-module=”am-related_carousel^related_carousel” data-track-selector=”.rotator-panels a:not([class*=external])” data-dm-rotator-rotate=”false” data-track-pos=”static” data-preferred-shared-network-enabled=”” data-dm-rotator-auto-init=”” id=”p-29″ class=”related-carousel with-fb-or-tw news half” data-dm-rotator-active-class=”active” data-dm-rotator-page-count=”1.0″ data-dm-social-article-auto-init=”” data-dm-rotator-page-size=”1″> <div class=”rotator bdrcc”> <div class=”rotator-title”> <h2>RELATED ARTICLES</h2> <ul class=”rotator-pages link-xocc”> <li class=”rotator-prev”>Previous

• <li class=”rotator-next”>Next </div> <ul class=”rotator-panels link-bogr1 linkro-ccox”>

• <span>PC Andrew Harper jury needed police protection over fears of…</span> <span>The ‘gentle giant country boy who loved his food’: How…</span> <span>Laughing at the law: How cop-killing travellers brazenly…</span>
    • </div>

<u><div class=”fb”></u>
      <h2>Share this article</h2>
      <div class=”share”><span class=”wai”>Share</span></div>
      </div>

</div> </div><div class=”art-ins mol-factbox news halfRHS” data-version=”2″ id=”mol-44fe0480-cdc9-11ea-88d5-15fab7453372″ website driver in PC Andrew Harper case is found not guilty of murder

Viewing 0 reply threads

Reply To: PC Andrew Harper’s widow Lissie today said she.

Your information: