in

IT40 News for 12/06/2018

it40 sheeranbeyonce1
Spread the love

#1 Harvey Weinstein Email to Friends Reportedly Leaked: ‘I’ve Had One Hell of a Year’

Harvey Weinstein Email to Friends Reportedly Leaked: 'I've Had One Hell of a Year'

As Harvey Weinstein awaits a decision from a Manhattan judge to dismiss his case, he has penned an email to friends attacking New York prosecutors and describing his "hell of a year." An email sent from Weinstein's personal email address saying "I've had one hell of a year" and calling it "the worst nightmare of my life" leaked to The New York Times on Wednesday.

Harvey Weinstein Email to Friends Reportedly Leaked: 'I've Had One Hell of a Year'Katie Kilkenny 3 hrs ago

© Mark Lennihan/Shutterstock

As Harvey Weinstein awaits a decision from a Manhattan judge to dismiss his case, he has penned an email to friends attacking New York prosecutors and describing his "hell of a year."

An email sent from Weinstein's personal email address saying “I’ve had one hell of a year” and calling it “the worst nightmare of my life” leaked to The New York Times on Wednesday. According to the Times, Weinstein's lawyer, Benjamin Brafman, said the email was sent to a few close friends. (The Hollywood Reporter has reached out to Brafman for comment.)

The email proceeded to attack police investigators pursuing five charges against the fallen film mogul in New York. Weinstein has pled not guilty of all sex crimes and denies ever having had non-consensual encounters with accusers.

“As you can see from these articles,” Weinstein wrote, linking to news articles about his case, “the police have played a very difficult role in my investigation.” The producer continued, "The articles are self-explanatory, but I’d like to speak to you on the phone if you have some time. There is more to this story … I appreciate your confidentiality." The Times did not specify what kind of news articles Weinstein linked to.

Finally, Weinstein again implored his friends to take the time to review the material he provided. "Have a read of these articles,” the Times story says Weinstein wrote. “I wish I didn’t have to ask, but I’d be very appreciative of your time. Best, Harvey.”

The email follows several coups for the Weinstein legal team, headed up by Brafman. In November the Manhattan DA's office closed its investigation into alleged settlement payments between Weinstein and the women who have accused him of assault; the month previously, the DA dropped one of its charges against the former Weinstein Co. head after evidence emerged that a police detective had coaxed a witness to stay silent about evidence that could cast doubt on an accuser's testimony.

Early in November, Weinstein's lawyers asked for a dismissal of their client's case due to their claim that his indictment was "irreparably tainted by police misconduct."

Weinstein's next scheduled appearance in court is Dec. 20.

Related video: New lawsuit alleges Harvey Weinstein sexually assaulted a 16-year-old [via CBS News]

Click to expand00:0000:35New lawsuit alleges Harvey Weinstein sexually assaulted a 16-year-old

0 points
Upvote Downvote

#2 Star Is Born,’ ‘Mary Poppins’ could lead Golden Globe noms

'Star Is Born,' 'Mary Poppins' could lead Golden Globe noms

NEW YORK - Nominees for the 76th annual Golden Globes Awards will be announced Thursday morning, and both "A Star Is Born" and "Mary Poppins Returns" could be in for a big morning. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association will unveil their nominations beginning at 8:15 a.m. EST.

Star Is Born,' 'Mary Poppins' could lead Golden Globe nomsBy JAKE COYLE, AP Film Writer 5 hrs ago

© The Associated Press Golden Globe statuettes at display.

NEW YORK — Nominees for the 76th annual Golden Globes Awards will be announced Thursday morning, and both "A Star Is Born" and "Mary Poppins Returns" could be in for a big morning.

The Hollywood Foreign Press Association will unveil their nominations beginning at 8:15 a.m. EST. The nominations will be livestreamed on the Globes' official Facebook page and the group's website. The top categories will be carried live on NBC.

Presenters will include Terry Crews, Danai Gurira, Leslie Mann and Christian Slater.

Despite its many songs, "A Star Is Born" is competing in the Globes' dramatic categories. Two Oscar favorites, "Green Book" and "The Favourite," are slotting in as comedies, where the Disney musical "Mary Poppins" could pile up nominations.

Curiously, the Hollywood Foreign Press doesn't consider foreign-language films eligible for best film, so Alfonso Cuaron's Netflix drama "Roma" will be left out of the Globes' top category.

On the TV side, Amazon's "Homecoming" and Ryan Murphy's "Pose" may score nominations in their first eligible awards show.

Mary Poppins Returns - Find Showtimes & Get TicketsSee Mary Poppins Returns in theatres December 19.TicketsWatch TrailerSponsored by fandango.com

The Golden Globes will be held in Beverly Hills on Jan. 6. The HFPA on Wednesday announced that Andy Samberg and Sandra Oh will host.

Related video: Sandra Oh and Andy Samberg Are the 2019 Golden Globe Awards Co-Hosts [via ET online] 

Click to expand00:0002:27Sandra Oh and Andy Samberg Are the 2019 Golden Globe Awards Co-Hosts

0 points
Upvote Downvote

#3 Neil DeGrasse Tyson Accused of Misconduct by Fourth Woman

Neil DeGrasse Tyson Accused of Misconduct by Fourth Woman

Neil DeGrasse Tyson has been accused of sexual misconduct by a fourth woman, who says the star scientist sexually harassed her at a party in 2010. The woman, who remains anonymous, described the incident in a Buzzfeed News report published on Wednesday, that also includes accounts by Tyson's three previous accusers.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson Accused of Misconduct by Fourth WomanReid Nakamura 7 hrs ago

© TheWrap neil degrasse tyson

Neil DeGrasse Tyson has been accused of sexual misconduct by a fourth woman, who says the star scientist sexually harassed her at a party in 2010.

The woman, who remains anonymous, described the incident in a Buzzfeed News report published on Wednesday, that also includes accounts by Tyson's three previous accusers.

According to Buzzfeed, the unnamed woman said Tyson drunkenly approached her at a holiday part for the American Museum of Natural History and made sexually charged jokes, asking her to join him alone in his office. Buzzfeed reports that the woman also shared a 2014 email she wrote to her employer describing the incident in order to discourage the employer from inviting Tyson to speak at an event.

The new accusation follows a statement from Fox and National Geographic, which jointly air "Cosmos," and the show's producers, pledging to investigate the previous accusations against Tyson.

"We have only just become aware of the recent allegations regarding Neil deGrasse Tyson. We take these matters very seriously and we are reviewing the recent reports," Fox and Nat Geo said last week. The two networks declined to comment regarding the new accusation.

As first reported by the website Patheos last month and detailed further by Buzzfeed on Wednesday, the previous accusations against Tyson came from Tchiya Amet, who says Tyson drugged and raped her in 1984 when they were both grad students; Dr. Katelyn N. Allers, an associate professor of physics and astronomy at Bucknell University who says she was "felt up" by Tyson at a party in 2009; and his former assistant Ashley Watson, who said she quit her job because of Tyson's sexual advances.

Tyson responded to those accusations in a lengthy Facebook post over the weekend. In the post, he offered his account of all three incidents, suggesting that his interactions with Allers and Watson were misinterpreted and never intended to be sexual in nature.

With regards to Amet's accusation that he drugged and raped her, Tyson wrote, "It is as though a false memory had been implanted, which, because it never actually happened, had to be remembered as an evening she doesn't remember."

Representatives for American Museum of Natural History, where Tyson serves as director of the Hayden Planetarium, did not immediately respond to a request for comment from TheWrap. However, in a statement provided to Buzzfeed, spokesperson Anne Canty said the museum will investigate the matter "to the extent we are able to ascertain the facts."

Tyson and his representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment from TheWrap.

Related video: Neil deGrasse Tyson addresses accusations of sexual misconduct [via Fox News]

Click to expand00:0002:21Neil deGrasse Tyson addresses accusations of sexual misconduct

0 points
Upvote Downvote

#4 Justin Timberlake Postpones All December Concert Dates

Justin Timberlake Postpones All December Concert Dates

Just hours after he postponed the latest in a string of concerts since late October, Justin Timberlake announced that he is pushing back all of his remaining December dates as his bruised vocal cords continue to mend. "Hey guys, I'm sure you have heard that I've had to postpone several tour dates due to bruised vocal cords," the post reads.

Justin Timberlake Postpones All December Concert DatesJem Aswad 8 hrs ago

© Invision/AP/REX/Shutterstock

Just hours after he postponed the latest in a string of concerts since late October, Justin Timberlake announced that he is pushing back all of his remaining December dates as his bruised vocal cords continue to mend.

“Hey guys, I’m sure you have heard that I’ve had to postpone several tour dates due to bruised vocal cords,” the post reads. “My vocal cords are healing, but they are not all the way back to normal, so my doctors want me to continue to rest my voice. They have asked me to hold off on singing until next month. I’m really sorry, I want to be back on the stage and I am doing all I can to get there quickly. Thank you for understanding — I see all of your posts and I appreciate the support and the love. I look forward to coming back stronger than I was before. More to come on the rescheduled dates.”

The eight remaining dates for the year were: Omaha, Kansas City, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Buffalo (the second time that show has been bumped), a second Buffalo show, and Uncasville, Conn., with the tour scheduled to relaunch after the holidays on Jan. 4 in Washington, D.C. Most of the previous postponed dates have been moved to February and March, which seems likely for this batch as well.

Timberlake had postponed a concert in Oakland earlier on Tuesday. The pushbacks began when the singer bumped his Oct. 24 date at Madison Square Garden in New York, saying on social media:

“Hey guys, I’m sorry to announce I have to postpone the show at MSG tonight on doctor’s orders. My vocal cords are severely bruised. I’m gonna make this up to you and the new show will be on my birthday, January 31. More info to come. Again, I’m so sorry to do this, but excited to see you soon. Love, J”

Related video: Justin Timberlake Cancels Another Concert Due to Bruised Vocal Cords [via ET online] 

Click to

0 points
Upvote Downvote

What do you think?

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Written by top40

Founder of Internettop40.com

Leave a Reply

IT40 Videos for 12/06/2018

it40 spotify2

IT40 Places & Things in the Media for 12/06/2018