Malaysia reports first citizen infected; Belgium confirms first case
– A 41-year-old man, who travelled to Singapore for a conference, has become the first Malaysian to be infected by coronavirus. The Malaysian is one of the two new cases confirmed while the other being a Chinese national aged 61. This brings the total number of coronavirus cases in the country to ten, including nine Chinese nationals.
– Belgium has confirmed its first coronavirus case after one of the nine individuals repatriated from Wuhan tested positive for the virus.
Death toll rises to 427; Hong Kong reports first death
– Deaths from the Wuhan coronavirus have surged to 427, as of the end of 03 February. The number of confirmed cases reached 20,623, while 646 infected patients have recovered.
– Hong Kong has reported its first death case, marking the second one outside mainland China, following the Philippines. A 39-year-old man who travelled from Wuhan died on Tuesday in Hong Kong.
– Medical staff strike in Hong Kong continues, while the city closed more cross-boundary control points to China and left two only points open.