First case in Delhi, India recovers
– The first case confirmed in Delhi, a 45-year-old man, has fully recovered from Covid-19 coronavirus. India currently has 102 confirmed cases and two deaths.
US President tests negative, travel ban extended to the UK
– US President Donald Trump has tested negative for Covid-19.
– The US has extended the travel ban to include the United Kingdom and Ireland.
– The US has confirmed more than 2,900 cases with 57 deaths so far.
NHS and private hospitals to partner to tackle the coronavirus pandemic
– The NHS has announced its plans to partner with the private hospitals to deal with the pandemic as the public hospitals in the countries are reportedly not equipped to handle the large influx of coronavirus patients.
– The UK has 1,143 confirmed cases with 21 deaths so far.
Wife of Spanish PM tests positive
– Begoña Gómez, the wife of the Spanish Prime Minister has tested positive for Covid-19. She, along with the PM, are reported to be doing well.
Philippines closes Manila for domestic travellers
– Philippines has closed its capital, Manila with the help of the police, for all domestic travellers. The city of around 12 million residents is reported to be closed for around a month.
Australia imposes self-quarantine for people arriving from abroad
– PM Scott Morrison has announced that any arriving passenger from abroad to Australia will have to undergo a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine.
– Cruise ships will also not be allowed to dock in the country for one month. People have also been advised to implement ‘social distancing’.
Death toll rises to more than 5,800
– The death toll due to Covid-19 has increased to more than 5,800 worldwide with around 156,000 confirmed cases and almost 74,000 recoveries, as of 14 March